I know I shared a chocolate recipe just a few weeks ago, but with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, these Dark Chocolate Salted Caramels are the perfect treat to make for your loved one! Besides, can we really have too much chocolate?! These Dark Chocolate Salted Caramels are rich, creamy, and made without any refined sugars!
Benefits to be found:
- Dark Chocolate has antioxidants known as Flavonoids, which help soak up harmful free radicals from the body and may help improve brain function in older people as well as help prevent blood clots and strokes.
- Honey contains antioxidants that neutralize free radicals which have the potential to lead to infections or cancer. It may also help with healing inflammation.
- Dates are high in fiber and contain Triglycerides that have the ability to lower cholesterol levels. It is also high in the B vitamin family.
- Maple Syrup contains high levels of manganese, which is needed for many enzymatic and antioxidative functions in the body. It also provides zinc, important for maintaining healthy endothelium cells.
- Coconut Oil has been proven to contain thyroid stimulating effects, anti-aging properties, decreased levels of LDL cholesterol, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal properties that prevent illness, anti-cancer effects, as well as weight loss properties due to thyroid stimulation.
- Organic Butter does not contain the toxic pesticides found in conventional alternatives and is high in Vitamin A, as well as other fat-soluble vitamins such as D, E and K. It also has other minerals such as iodine, calcium and potassium.