Ok, this is stupid simple, but my sister asked me to post it because it has helped her so much! Her daughter, me niece, LOVES chocolate milk, and my sister was really wanting a healthy alternative.
So, when they were visiting us a few weeks ago I gave her this “treat” that I make for my kids, and she LOVED it. Now, my niece tends to be a
bit of a very picky eater so the fact that she likes this is nothing sort of a small miracle!
Anyhoo, even if you don’t think you like molasses, you may just give it a try…close your eyes and think of molasses cookies, right?
It gives you a great energy boost, is full of vitamins and minerals, and can really curb a sugar craving!
- 16oz milk (I use raw grass-fed cow’s milk, but you can use almond or coconut)
- 1 1/2 tsp Organic, unsulphured Molasses (too much is the opposite of delicious)
- 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Chia seed
- 1/2 Tbs Raw Organic Protein Powder
- Raw egg yolk (only from pastured, local, ungraded eggs – grocery store eggs have 7x the likelihood of carrying a dangerous pathogen like E.coli, so they are not safe to eat raw)
I just throw the ingredients in a mason jar, secure with a lid, and shake to combine. Ice helps to break up chunks of protein powder.
My kids love this drink, and I love that it’s super healthy for them. Most americans are deficient in Vitamin B and Magnesium, so this is a great, food-sourced way to incorporate those in your diet. I drank this a ton during my pregnancy to help boost my Iron levels as I tend to get a bit anemic, and still have it several times a week in between meals.
This is also awesome as a post-workout recovery drink!
live well. be well.