I try my best to get veggies in at every meal. We usually achieve this at lunch and dinner, but breakfast can be more difficult.
So, I often make a veggie scramble. Really, this is just an omelette gone wrong. I can’t make an omelette to save my life, maybe this is due to my not using non-stick skillets, or that I am kindof clumsy…either way, I always end up with a crunchy outside and runny inside.
I will often chop up a bunch of veggies ahead of time, so that there is enough for a few days’ worth. This dish is a hit with everyone in my family and I recently made it for guests which they seemed to enjoy!
I hope you love it!
Ingredients: (this feeds just me…but I eat a lot)
- 1 Tb. grass fed butter
- 3 farm fresh eggs (ungraded, pastured)
- 1 C. of your favorite vegetables – I use a combination of these:
- onion, green onion, scallion
- spinach leaves
- pepper – green, red, yellow
- mushroom – cremini or portobello
- yellow or patty-pan squash
- toppings: avocado and feta (I can’t do feta while pregnant, so I substitute with grass-fed cheddar, meleted in with the veggies)
- Heat butter in a cast iron skillet over med heat.
- Add in the chopped veggies and stir often for a few minutes until they begin to soften. I prefer my veggies to be a bit crunchy.
- Add in the eggs, and whisk or stir to mix well. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and tri-color freshly ground pepper.
- Stir often until the eggs are nearly done, and add in a handful of shredded grass-fed cheddar cheese, stir to melt.
- Transfer to a plate and top with avocado, feta, sausage, bacon, or whatever sounds delicious!
live well. be well.